Tell us your thoughts on health care costs.
The Maine Office of Affordable Health Care is holding a public hearing on September 27th at 9 a.m. They want to hear about healthcare costs and access to affordable care from Maine consumers.
Health care costs include insurance premiums, medical bills, and pharmacy costs.
• How has the cost of health care affected you?
• Has it been a barrier to accessing care?
• Has it put an undue financial burden on your household?
• Please provide examples of the costs you’ve experienced and the services you were trying to access.
• During that experience, did you access or try to access any help from any business, organization, or government agency? What was helpful? Was there help you needed that you could not find?
• Do you have any suggestions for changes to any law, policy, or rule that would improve Maine’s access to affordable health care?
If you know someone with a story to share, please have them email us at email@example.com to share their thoughts with us or have them comment below.
In the near future, we will offer a similar request for comment from healthcare workers and employers who provide benefits to employees, but for now, we are looking to hear from healthcare consumers directly.
Please comment below with any thoughts or experiences you would like to share so we can bring this to their attention at the public hearing.
You are the best part of what we do, and we thank you for your time,