Requesting Financial Help
One in five retired individuals qualifies for financial help with premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
- The Medicare Savings Program can help pay for Premiums and Out of Pocket Medical Costs. This program is managed by the State of Maine
- Extra Help with Prescription Drugs can help reduce your pharmacy costs. This program is managed by the U.S. Government.
- In 2022, you may qualify if you have up to $20k in yearly income ($28k for a married couple) AND up to $50k in cash or investments ($75k for a married couple).
- Apply online no more than three months before your Part B Start Date: https://www.ssa.gov/extrahelp and ask that your application be shared with the State of Maine. One application can be used for both MSP and Extra Help.
- If you need assistance, let us know.
- For more information on Medicare costs, click here.
We do not offer every plan available in your area. Currently we represent 6 organizations that offer 46 products in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov, 1-800-MEDICARE, or your local State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) to get information on all of your options.