Request to Lower IRMAA

If you’ve had a life-changing event that reduced your household income, you can ask to lower the additional amount you’ll pay for Medicare Part B and Part D. Life-changing events include marriage, divorce, the death of a spouse, loss of income, and an employer settlement payment.

Complete the Medicare Income-Related Monthly Adjustment Amount-Life-changing Event (SSA-44) (PDF) form.


Find your Social Security office https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp and fax or mail them the completed form.


We do not offer every plan available in your area. Currently we represent 6 organizations that offer 46 products in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov, 1-800-MEDICARE, or your local State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) to get information on all of your options.